The Women's Club
Any woman in the St. James the Less Parish is welcome to be a member of the Women’s Club and attend our events. The Women’s Club meets the second Monday of each month at 7 pm. The meeting will be finished by 8:30 pm. The Club does not meet July or August. (Meeting Agenda below)
Each month, we have a different presentation for the meeting – women’s health issues, college financing programs; scrap booking, religions in the Middle East and much more!!!
Women’s Club Activities and Service Projects:
- Clean and replace purifications and linens for the alter
- Organize and serve the Holy Thursday potluck dinner and provide paper products
- Collect coats, hats and gloves for the St. James The Less School children for the winter
- Send care packages to former students of St. James that are in college and military
- Provide support both morally and spiritually to the Women of the parish
- Clean Tables in the food tent for the Parish Festival
Be a part of this dynamic group of women!!
Regular meetings begin at 7:00 pm and are held in the Catholic Worker House. Watch the bulletin for times of the health fair and the field trips. Also, for every meeting bring a friend or two. Your name will be placed in a drawing for each friend you bring.
September 13--Bring your favorite religious item:Rosary, Saint Picture, etc.
October 11--Women's Club hosting a healthy snack booth at the Deanery Health Fair at St. Francis DeSales High School.
November 8--Catholic Workers to give us a tour an tell us all that they do.
December-- Cookie Exchange
January--Sr. Pat Dual to speak about her life and the Dominican Sisters.
February--Health Pharmacist to talk about drug interactions and vaccines.
April--Make table decorations for Holy Thursday.
May--Fieldtrip!! Options that we are looking at: Byzantine Church on Cleveland Ave. or a tour of St. Theresa Retreat Center