St. James the Less

The year was 1947. Bishop Ready of the Diocese of Columbus invited Precious Blood Fr. John Byrne to found a new parish in the north end of the city. The invitation Fr. Byrne received was passed on to many people in the Linden area, and they responded with excitement and generosity to the possibility of a new parish. A number of the pioneer families of St. James the Less actually remember Fr. Byrne knocking on the doors of homes extending a personal invitation to the families to become members of St. James the Less

For the past 60+ years countless people have heard that knock on the door--that invitation to come and be part of something wonderful. St. James the Less Parish has been a place to call home, a place where friendships have been made, a place where the soul has been nourished, a place where young minds have been taught and formed, a place where the Lord has been alive and present. These blessings and many more began with a simple acceptance of the invitation, the knock on the door of the heart to come and be part of a parish family.